The Evolution of DSL has come from several species of technologies that are used to transmit data over telephone lines. Digital Subscriber Link or DSL is a type of high-speed Internet access that is delivered over telephone networks. The DSL offers the best services regard to speed, service, connectivity, and cost. It applies a simple technology that is using the existing telephone network for offering the Internet. DSL Internet can be setup by the FusionNet service provider using an ordinary telephone jack. Simply the unused higher frequencies of your phone lines are used for such services that offer high-speed Internet connection.
DSL applications in everyday lives:
- Internet accesses and sharing of files
- Video “ TV Broadcast, video on demand, user generated video
- Online shopping and online education
- Online Games
- Telemedicine etc.
The 5 Major advantages of FusionNet DSL Connection are as follows:
- Offers Greater Capacity of Bandwidth .Unlike other plans and their services, DSL connections are available in a huge variety of speed tiers.
- 24×7 Hours Service DSL provides full time 24 hours by 7 days services. You don’t have to wait as instant support is available.
- Reliability – This helps to offer 3 tiers to multitier of service that depends on the location with high speed.
- Offers Dedicated line. A cable network is shared among hundreds of users but DSL provides direct connection fully dedicated to single user.
- Efficient – As the splitter it can send voice and data signals to different areas. This means DSL users can talk and use the Internet at the same time, no other connections are required.
What is the Future of DSL?
With the rise of especially high performances of fiber optics and increased use of wireless technologies DSL priority in the market is at little risk. Before knowing the future of the DSL technology, lets have a look at the current state of DSL.
There are many types of DSL services on the market, but the VDSL i.e. (Very high-speed Digital Subscriber Line) dominates at this technology. VDSL2 comes with the change in technology and service types that offers two carriers.
The future is looking forward to a technology that provides extensive infrastructure and offers new super speed services. One such technology has come upon namely GDSL i.e. Gigabit DSL. This approach is quite promising. It is said that GDSL will be provided with some form VoIP technology because; this is not possible to use an analog phone in conjunction to NDSL or DSL.
The GDSL uses multi wires to create an approach called MIMO (Multiple-In/Multiple-Out). This technology is very effective with wireless network but the question comes whether MIMO will prove effective for consumers end too.
Thus, GDSL technology is yet to be finalized for future broadband services. Researchers are still going on about this approach, but the carriers need to be thoroughly evaluated because it will affect the future of the broadband services.